Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mango Salsa


There is nothing like homemade mango salsa to awaken the taste buds & make a meal extra special. I love the fact that I'll be find most of these ingredients in our garden during the rest of the summer (except mangoes, limes & lemons). On Saturday, Russell grilled chicken while I cooked brown rice & made the salsa. Yum.

1 mango - peeled, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1 green onion, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, finely chopped
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, mix mango, red bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, and lemon juice. Cover, and allow to sit at least 30 minutes before serving.

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing. Your garden sounds wonderful!!! Benjamin is getting so big. Have a happy day!

Lani said...

Oh my goodness... this sounds and LOOKS delicious. Mouth is watering. Headed to the grocery store today. I think I have some things to add to my list.

parose said...

This sounds "ono" (delicious in Hawaiian). My mother-in-law, Laura, used to make a Mango Chutney. We all loved it, but she never shared the recipe. I'm going to try your Mango Salsa and see if it is similar.

Alison said...

I am looking for mangos next time I go to the store. This looks so good! I have this thing about salsa! Just can't live without it...;)