Monday, May 10, 2010

Memory Lane Monday: Our Young Mothers

Since yesterday was Mother's Day, I thought I'd share these pictures from days gone by...our young mothers & their families... I love their smiles.


I'm assuming this is taken in Montana after Russell's father completed
his army days in TX. I'll have to find out for sure.



Cambria, CA - my first time at the beach

an excerpt from a poem I received on Mother's Day 2006...

Formed in weaker human vessels,
Prone to tears and heartfelt prayer,
God has placed among us mothers,
Precious souls who love and care.
Giving up her time and leisure,
Stooping low to serve with love,
Bearing silent, heavy burdens,
Filled with wisdom from above.
(by E Pearson)



From This Front Porch

2 comments:

Alison said...

These are such special pictures to have. Our mothers were once like us, going through the same thing as we are. Thanks so much for sharing these pictures and special thoughts.

Traci K said...

Wow! I think Russell looks just like his Dad in that first picture! Fun to reminisce! Hope you had a happy Mother's Day!