Saturday, August 9, 2008

Picture from a year ago...


Daddy & Benjamin (a little shy of the big mascot Spike. This year we talk about him all the time)


So, I've been tagged. Here we go...

1. I baked my first cobbler last weekend and it was delish! Fresh peach cobbler, candied ginger, cloves, etc. Yum!

2. I love weeding our garden & flower beds - I love the quiet time, the results, & for some reason it is relaxing to me.

3. I haven't eaten at McDonald's in years.

4. I worked as a physical therapist for over a year in the wound care department of a trauma hospital - cleaning, debriding, irrigating, dressing every kind of wound imaginable(snake/spider bites, burns, road rash, surgical incisions, stab/gunshot wounds). I rarely got sick from seeing it all. Still to this day I have to turn my head & close my eyes when I get my own blood drawn. I always feel faint, light headed & wonder if I'll be able to make it back to my car.

5. My favorite summertime drink is lemonade from Chick-Fil-A. However, I need to try this new recipe. It sounds quite good!

6. Some of you will NOT be impressed: The only sewing machine we own is a 1932 Domestic Rotary Sewing Machine. It is not functional, but it's a great antique!

7. I have a new job! In addition to have the best job in the world (staying home with little B), I'm going to start working Saturdays at a brand new 50 bed rehab hospital, no more than 5 miles from home, with the flexibility of working as many or as little hours as I choose, with great pay(but no benefits), & with some medical staff that I already know from other hospitals. I'm super excited!



7 comments:

AmyB said...

Oh funny! We were just talking about McD's...if you breathe in there, you get fat - remember? hee hee. About the blood thing - me too! I'll talk about it at the dinner table, but please don't poke me with a needle! I'll get that sewing machine going for you when we come. :-) You must sew - it's such a great waster of time! Call me after you try the lemonade. Your lavender is in the mail, I promise!

Us 4 said...

Your new job sounds like a dream!! I am going to check out your new website.....I have been so impressed with what you created for your own house. Chick-Fil-A lemonade is the best!!:)

C & T Bishop Blog said...

Congrats on your new job -- sounds perfect!!!
Hugs, t

Ginger said...

The job sounds great! I love being able to work flexible hours, K is in Montessori school now, so it's going to free up my time to waste some time sewing *grin*...as one other person noted.

Lani said...

Cute picture. Congrats on the new job, Andrea! Sounds like a perfect fit.

Alison said...

Most enjoyable to read more about you! :)

The lemonade looks wonderful on Amy's blog. Will have to try it!

Hope your having a great week and give Benjamin a hug from us.

Wanda, Melania & Mishayla said...

Congrats on the job! Have to work a few hours to keep your license... If you are like me, you never want to take boards again!