Tuesday, August 5, 2008

From our garden...





The Rose

It is only a tiny rosebud
A flower of God's design;
But I cannot unfold the petals
With these clumsy hands of mine.

The secret of unfolding flowers
Is not known to such as I;
The flower God opens so sweetly
In my hands would fade and die.

If I cannot unfold a rosebud
This flower of God's design;
Then how can I think I have wisdom
To unfold this life of mine?

So I'll trust Him for His leading
Each moment of every day;
And I'll look to Him for His guidance
Each step of the pilgrim way.

For the pathway that lies before me
My Heavenly Father knows;
I'll trust Him to unfold the moments
Just as He unfolds the rose.

author unknown

1 comment:

Alison said...

Beautiful Rose and love to read the poem again. I just read it here the other day as Larry still has it on the fridge... Such a good reminder.

We are enjoying our days here. I haven't put up too many picures yet but will when I get home and my computer is faster.

Love you guys!