Monday, March 31, 2008

All in one week -



Life doesn't seem to slow down:

*Benjamin was sick with a high fever & bad cough for several days last week - now I think we're finally on the mend
*We got the garden weeded, tilled, rows planned & a few things planted
*We finalized our garden plans: lettuce, spinach, several kinds of peppers, green beans, sugar snap peas, butternut squash, yellow squash, & several varieties of tomatoes. Seeds are on their way.
*We pruned my 'year round' herb garden - gotta love our mild winters!!
*We helped cousin Breann celebrate her birthday
*Russ planted our new Meyer Lemon Tree
*Spring cleaning has begun!






5 comments:

AmyB said...

Oh man, I'm jealous!!! Meyer lemons and a real garden :-) I'll have to be satisfied with no lemons and a small herb garden/tomatoes. Someday...

Alison said...

Wow... keep the pictures of green things coming please;) It is encouraging to see. It will still be about 2 months before we can put seeds in the ground. The lemon tree sound wonderful. We are hoping to plant a couple more "hardier" fruit trees this spring. Enjoy your garden-sound wonderful!!!

Alison said...

Well I am about 1/2 wrong in my earlier comment about being 2 months before we can plant. The truth is we will be able to plant onions soon and lettuce/spinach and a few other things after that. The corn will definitely have to wait until June 1st which makes up the majority of the garden. FYI! ;)

Lani said...

Glad everyone's feeling better. Fun to see your yard/garden work. We'll be there soon, I hope.

parose said...

Hi Andrea!
I located your blog through my friend, Elaine. I've just started a blog and Bob and Kimberly's is accessible via mine. If you'd like to look in on both of us just go to my blog at: http://parose.blogspot.com/. Kimberly is listed under Family and Friends, of course. ; ) I was happy to discover yours. It was nice to see you at Austin Special Meeting and to have lunch with your folks.
Patty Rosehill