Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Giving

This morning I'm thinking of a dear friend going to surgery today to be a donor.  I've loved this friend from the first time we met, but I love & value her even more now as I witness an unselfish sacrifice to help another.  She knows the risks better than most.  I remember when Mom donated her bone marrow at the City of Hope....done with deep love & hope to help her brother.  And it didn't come without cost.  I'll never forget that part. 

To read about Ginny & the one receiving her kidney, click here.


Especially important to remember this holiday.  It's better to give then to receive. The meaning of Christmas is far more important then any gift.

1 comment:

Traci K said...

Oh wow! I remember Vanessa and Ginny looks vaguely familiar too. Happy that this is working out for them! Thanks for sharing!