Friday, July 26, 2013

Making Music


Trevin started violin lessons this summer.  After waiting patiently until things slowed down for us, he is delighted to have a fiddle in his hand.  It was so sad for me when the teacher told us that the 1/16th violin [that Auntie Amy started on] was too small for him. I happen to think that little violins are one of the cutest things ever.  So, we found the next size up in our closet & it fits him fine.  


Benjamin & I performed our first duet ever on Father's Day...it was America the Beautiful.  He had played this piece in his string ensemble at Meridian this spring. Trevin played one song that involves plucking the strings & then I let him use the bow to play the first measure of Suzuki's 1st variation "Mississippi Hot Dog".  He also bowed while saying Hippopotamus.  So proud of our boys!  They both have a great ear for music...singing on pitch & knowing intervals quite easily.  I can tell that Trevin will be a fast learner.     


No comments: