Thursday, May 3, 2012

Benjamin Moments

-Kindergarten is wrapping up. He'll have his student led conference this next week & show me his portfolio. I can't wait! The teacher is only an observer at the conference...part of the IB curriculum. His reading is coming along great & he thinks he's ready for chapter books. I'm not so sure myself. He's signed up for an engineering camp this summer and I need to check on swimming lessons.

-We loved watching his reaction when Russell helped him pull out his first tooth. It was an exciting moment & that's basically all he could talk about the rest of the day. Those pictures are on Rusell's camera...must upload them soon.

-We have all kinds of fun playing outside in the evenings after supper & violin practicing. It gives me time to check on our lovely garden and then boys have time to pull out ALL their toys. Benjamin usually spends time riding his bike around the cul-de-sac & kicking the soccer ball. He's good...I've played with him a few times in our big sideyard.  He can be tricky!

-He's growing...nearly out of all his size 6 clothes. He thinks this is really cool, I do not. (sad face)

-Benjamin has done a great job performing with the fiddle group & Suzuki group on Saturdays. That has finished up now. I'm proud of him for learning a fun fiddle tune - Rubber Dolly. He'll sing & perform Liza Jane at his school picnic on Saturday. This summer he'll transition to the 1/8th size violin.

1 comment:

Aaron & Cassie said...

So neat that he can play Liza Jane! I'd love to hear it sometime. PaPa sings Liza Jane to Eidel, only replacing "Liza Jane" with "Eidel Jaine." So special.