Saturday, October 15, 2011

Grandpa Clarence



We'll miss this dear man. The boys & I enjoyed writing him letters & sending pictures. He didn't write much, but that was okay....we just wanted him to know we loved him even though we lived so far away.

Our time with him this summer was so special. He gave us a tour of where he lived and then we went to his room for a wonderful visit. Though he was frail, his mind was sharp...he told us about his cowboy spurs (that were sitting on display in his room), memories of old pictures, & his times in TX. He told me he remembered when he first met me; I remember the exact time too...I wasn't with Russell & it wasn't in Montana...so that fact that he remembered, really surprised me.
I'm so thankful we had the privilege of naming our first son after his special family. He was a little piece of Russell's mother who we miss so much. He loved the children (good thing! he had over 40 great grandchildren). He spoke softly & had such a tender smile. We'll miss him, but so glad he finished the race.
Great Grandpa with chunky monkey Benjamin - Thanksgiving '05

6 comments:

Grandpa Larry said...

Thanks for sharing Andrea. Yes and he was a very careing and dear father-in-law.

Mo said...

What a special post - we've been thinking of you all!

Unknown said...

Ahh, thinking of you. So special to have such a Grandparent like him. hugs

Joellyn said...

Precious memories. Thanks for sharing! We missed you last weekend.

Becky H said...

Found your blog through Linda's. Was so nice to finally meet you @ convention. Was nice to read this post, and the sweet one about the kids playing convention. The future of the Kingdom.
Becky Sundance

Becky H said...

umm, this computer changed my last name. I really did type in Hermance, not Sundance!