Wednesday, September 28, 2011

pumpkin time

Yes, it's fall! Well, it's supposed to be. We are ready for cooler weather. Thanks, Amy, for sharing this recipe with me last year. I found it again in my recipe box...can't wait to make it for potluck Sunday!


Grandma's Yummy Pumpkin Pie Cake
topping: 1 box white or yellow cake mix, 1 cube butter (melted)
cake:
1 can (29 oz) canned 100% pure pumpkin
4 eggs, beaten
1 c sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
1 t salt
2 t cinnamon
1 t ginger
1/2 t ground cloves
1/4 t nutmeg
directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Mix butter and cake mix together until crumbly - set aside. Beat eggs and mix all 10 ingredients in a bowl with a hand mixer. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle cake with topping. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes (sometimes longer) or until knife comes out clean.

3 comments:

Mo said...

This looks like a fun cake to make! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Aleta said...

Oh my! This looks really good! So sorry I missed important birthdays at your house this year.... Life has happened!!! Not that we didn't think of you and Benjamin on your special days....

Much love and hugs to all.

Sheila said...

I made this for our potluck Sunday & it was a hit- I was passing the recipe out to everyone! Thanks for sharing-it was yummy!