Friday, April 24, 2009

Animal Kingdom

Disclaimer: While we had a wonderful trip, I wouldn't recommend taking a 3 year old to FL just to go to Disney World. We really limited ourselves in doing only things that Benjamin would enjoy & appreciate, so there was a lot we skipped (and that was fine). Since Russell's conference was located on the Disney property, it was just so convenient for us to go for 2 days & check things out. We did have fun!

Animal Kingdom: I didn't get many pictures since Benjamin & I went alone. He loved seeing all the animals (it's been a while since we've been to a zoo), meeting Donald Duck, & watching an amazing bird show. We also saw part of an incredible Nemo musical/puppet show - until it got to "scary" for Benjamin. I had prepared myself for this and had chosen seats at the end of a row. Funny thing is - he loves talking about Nemo now. We hardly know anything about him, I guess I should find the story at the library! But he is an awfully cute fish.

The afternoon animal parade at the Animal Kingdom


This bird had at least a 6 foot wingspan and flew above us several times.

Golden crowned cranes

My cute chipmunk

3 comments:

C & T Bishop Blog said...

What a fun place! Charlus & I are going to Orlando in June.... I've never been to Animal Kingdom, so it was nice to see your photos! We welcome any ideas on "adult things" we should see! :) (My family went to Orlando several times growing-up, and CJB & I have gone together once before....so not sure what we should see this time.)
Hugs!

Alison said...

Looks like lots of fun! Randy enjoyed visiting with all of you the other night and passed it on to us! Hope you have a great week!

Anonymous said...

TOO Cute!! this is one for the books, hope you are feeling well Andrrea, so excited for you new little one!
Love,
Aunt Susie