Sunday, December 14, 2008

We're here

Well, we've had busy days & then we found ourselves sick this weekend. No fun. Hopefully this week will go better. Here is a poem I've been wanting to share. It came from Berlin's Bible. We were reading a chapter to him & found this poem tucked in the pages.

Steadfast Heart

I've dreamed many dreams that never came true
I've seen them vanish at dawn;
But I've realized enough of my dreams came true
To make me want to dream on.

I've prayed many prayers when no answer came
though I waited patient and long;
But answers have come to enough of my prayers
To keep me praying on.

I've trusted many a friend that's failed
And left me to weep alone;
But enough of my friends have proved tue blue
To keep me trusing on.

I've sown many seeds that fell by the way
For birds to feed upon;
But I've held enough golden sheaves in my hand
To make me keep sowing on.

I've drained the cup of disappointment and pain
I've gone many days without song;
But I've sipped enough nectar from the roses of life
To make me want to live on.
author unknown

3 comments:

parose said...

That is a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Andrea,
Thanks for sharing. I needed this right now. By the way, it is very cold here in Montana & we have lots of snow for Benjamin to play in at our house. Come on over.
Becky Murray

Melinda said...

Hmmm...very encouraging...thank you. Sorry to hear of your sickness. Seems all the activity took it's tole on us too. Hope your back on top soon!