Friday, February 8, 2008

Grandpa Larry

Tonight Grandpa Larry is flying down to see us all the way from Montana. We've worked real hard all week to prepare for his visit. I'm going to make a really good impression on him this time as I managed to start a fire in the oven tonight while baking several dishes of scalloped potatoes for lunch tomorrow (the conv. work project). Oh yes, the haze that fills the air will add such a special touch. And I'm sure the aroma will send him running back to catch the next flight home. It's a good thing we have a 2nd oven, otherwise I'd have to tell Russell that I'm can't cook for the rest of the weekend. On that note, maybe I shouldn't be cooking! Anyway, with the windows open and fans going - I think we'll survive. Hope you have a good weekend!

7 comments:

Alison said...

Andrea, you make me laugh! Thats just everyday stuff around here. Randy says that the only way I remember to turn down the potatos on the stove top is when we hear them boiling over and smell it burning on the oven! ;)

Enjoy your time with Grandpa Larry!!!

Elaine said...

Funny..been there done that.
Tell Grandpa Larry HI from us. Have a great time together.
Lv,
Elaine

AmyB said...

We must be related...hee hee. Tonight I burnt a waffle in the toaster oven and had to run it outside. Phew! Great hospital pics! B is SO big.

Lani said...

Just two minutes ago when I told Craig I was going to make egg pancakes for dinner tonight, he said, "And smoking sausage?", with a devilish grin. We must be related. ;)

Traci K said...

How funny! At least you can be thankful you didn't do it at Thanksgiving with a houseful of guests like I did.:)

All American Family said...

I feel your pain...I inherited the "ALWAYS burns baked beans" genes from my Mom!

DK Campbell said...

Hehehe! Sorry, I'm a little behind on reading... :) I don't necessarily fill the house with smoke but a while back Kyle pulled a little chair up to the sink and asked Del where the black cookies were. :) Everytime I bake cookies I burn at least one batch... That is why I always make cookie bars. Anyway, no secrets here, for sure!