Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Bedtime Story





These are my favorite moments - reading Benjamin his bedtime stories and singing #1. I look forward to it everyday. As Benjamin gets older, I find him less and less frequently in my lap. I realize our boy is growing up so fast and maybe that is why I cherish these quiet, still moments in the evening before he goes to bed.

Speaking of sleeping, after Benjamin's nap I sometimes ask him -
"What did you dream about?"
The answer has never varied, "Toto" (Coco: aka the convention dog/"our" dog).
I'll continue with "What was Coco doing?"
His answer, "Play ball with Toto".
Boy - he has a good memory. We haven't seen Coco in a few weeks!

Update:
1. Our pocketbook is smiling - Benjamin is out of diapers!
2. Benjamin "pooped" in his little toilet for the first time today.
3. Pullups are used only a few times during the day & for outings.
4. He stays dry all night long.
Now...didn't you want to know all that??!! (sorry - it's mainly for me)

5 comments:

Traci K said...

Horray for the big boy! There's nothing like a raise when they get out of diapers! Enjoy those lap moments...they do get fewer as they grow older and Mom and Dad aren't so "cool" anymore.:)

Elaine said...

Wow, I am impressed about the potty training. He needs to come teach Mallory a thing or two. Just today she used the ring of her potty seat like it was a hula-hoop. Still nothing in her potty.
Such a sweet picture of you reading. I know..I love those moments too.
Lv,
Elaine

Dim and Jana said...

Wow. Nice to be potty trained! He is young--good work on your part! I wasn't patient enough. Good to catch up on you all!

Alison said...

Good Job Benjamin!....and Mom and Dad too. Maya is working on the same thing right now and it keeps ME on my toes!

Nathan, Jordan, Kaleb and Mariah said...

Hooray for Benjamin! I've found out that when you try to potty train them, it doesn't work! They have to potty train themselves. We have finally reached the point of Kaleb being aware...we no longer have to ask him if he needs to go...he just tells us! We are sooo happy. Took way too long! Good to see your blog. Miss y'all. love, Jordan