Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Florida bound




He's off!  This time Russell is travelling to Florida.  I looked into flying out with the boys for the weekend, but it just didn't make sense this time.  Fortunately the boys really didn't care.  They are currently scheming how we can get back to Sandpoint as quickly as possible.  However, it IS difficult to get the girl out of Texas.  Oh the wisdom from our sweet nephews.  Jeannie & I laughed until we cried about that one.  I look back & miss her so much!

Russell was gone for nearly half the summer.  It has been a growing experience for me & there certainly have been growing pains.  The good:  more patience, empathy for who are in this same situation, getting more organized, learning how to keep things fun for encourage cooperation from all parties, more appreciation for quiet time.  The bad:  sometimes the burden feels awfully heavy.  The good outweighs the bad for which I'm very thankful.

I find myself humbled as I struggle at times alone in this parenting business.  This is good. Convention message for me: Humility is essential when establishing ourselves on the rock.  A lesson I must keep learning.

No comments: