Sunday, February 15, 2015

Truffle Shuffle 2015

My running this past month was minimal. I worked out quite a bit, but didn't run as much as I should have.  Between several busy weeks at work, Russell being gone for 5 days, and whatever else prevented me from putting on my running shoes....I didn't feel ready. But time marches on & the 2/14 arrived bright & sunny.  That was the good part....it was a lovely day to run.  So excited to get to run with my sister.  I just followed her steady pace. 

 While Amy & I ran, the kiddos played on the school playground, threw balls & enjoyed the morning.  The Dads didn't seem to mind supervising. 
 Trapped...as I passed the 2 mile mark I was feeling pretty warm.  However I couldn't get out of my jacket as my number was pinned on it!  Thankfully there was a nice breeze.
Truffles after the shuffle!  Finished!!  I ran the 5k in less than 30 minutes.  What a great feeling.

1 comment:

Aleta said...

We were thinking of you that day! Wow! What a great race you ran... You inspire me! :)